Star Seven Six is a company dedicated to innovation, Star talent, and revolutionizing business and technology solutions. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s Application Development, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive Design, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety of industries.
- Maintains and administers computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes
- Responsible for trouble shooting server problems as reported by users
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application and business needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure
- Defines procedures for monitoring and evaluates, diagnoses and establishes work plan to resolve system issues
- Performs troubleshooting for complex hardware, software and network problems
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader
5 to 7 years of related IT work experience
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of management systems
- Advanced knowledge of evaluation installation/configuration of computer systems and network administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange 2003.
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft IIS and SQL Server, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat
- Advanced knowledge of SAN environments
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Advanced ability to provide system hardware and software capacity planning
Tasks completed on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis, project assigned
- Execute system changes for application development team - e.g. deploying new applications, adding / updating db2 objects, configuring new message queues and configuring new alerts
- Monitor production system IT infrastructure, respond to issues as needed and complete problem reporting
- Apply fix packs, installation of new versions and execute test cases to confirm no issues after change(s) implemented into production
- Maintain/Design Tier 1 application, middleware, hardware systems that meet corporate standards, with a focus on integrating technical aspects of the environment to meet customers needs (IT and Business customers).
- Maintain/Design Tier 1 database systems that meet corporate standards, with a focus on performance and uptime.
- Problem Analysis and remediation (RCA). Ensure incidents and problems in the team, unit, department, division are supported and remediated through problem management with root cause analysis techniques, countermeasure implementations, horizontal communication between departments/divisions and pdca for effective permanent improvments.
Knowledge, skills, abilities, traits, certifications, years of experience, to successfully perform job function
Intermediate level Unix administration skills - AIX (primary), RedHat Enterprise Linux and CentOS (secondary), Korn - Bash - Python - AWK - SED scripting
- installation, patching, monitoring, system failover process, scripting, performance management of Hardware environment and OS software components.
Intermediate level Middleware administration skills - IBM WebSphere (primary), IBM MQ Series and JBoss EAP (secondary)
- installation, patching, monitoring, system failover process, performance management of middleware components.
Intermediate level Database administration skills - DB2 LUW (primary), SQL Server and PostGres (secondary), SQL statement writing
- installation, patching, monitoring, logical/physcal db design, system failover process, performance management of db environment and business SQL logic.
Ability to integrate systems across Application, Middleware, Database, and OS with experience troubleshooting, and tuning to meet business requirements.
Experience and skill in writing System documentation, architecture diagrams, operational process documentation.
Thank you for considering Star Seven Six, Ltd. for your next career opportunity.
S76 provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. Our culture supports continued growth through sponsorship of events, trainings, certifications and other online or structured learning opportunities. We’ll help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical, 401k, etc.
Star Seven Six, Ltd. | Strategically Led Technology Solutions
S76 is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability