Back to Results
Remote Site Reliability Engineer Wanted!!
Site Reliability Engineer Wanted!!
Star Seven Six is a company dedicated to innovation, Star talent, and revolutionizing business and technology solutions. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s Application Development, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive Design, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety of industries.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To specialize in developing scalable methods for building, deploying, and supporting our Azure cloud enterprise services and systems. This is a highly collaborative role in which you will work closely with our Software Engineers to deploy and operate our solutions; automate and streamline our processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitor IT operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our DEV, QA, UAT, and Production environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build infrastructure & systems that provide high levels of scalability, reliability, and performance for client applications, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence
- Interface across teams to codify and reliably test infrastructure changes using software development lifecycle
- Partner with Dev teams to provide guidance and best practices around scalability, reliability, and performance of our productions systems, infrastructure, and software
- Work as a team on escalations, resolving critical issues that impact our highly available DEV, QA, UAT, and production systems
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Work with an innovative engineering team to continuously implement and improve reliable and rapid build environments for DEV & QA; provide timely build status updates; automate as much as possible to improve efficiency and quality
- Promote innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Work with SVN, GIT, Team Foundation version control, or other build tools in a CI/CD process to build and deploy to our Azure Cloud environment
- Ensure traceability, observability, and retrievability of sources and deliverables
- Build logging, monitoring, and alerting systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization in the client Cloud environment
- Improve operational efficiency through automation and deployment or development of new tools
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the client’s Cloud environment
- Craft solid and clearly explained playbooks, and documentation, for consumption by teammates and the larger engineering organization
- Participate in an off-hours on-call rotation, and perform periodic off-hours work during maintenance windows
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Eight (8) years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining technology infrastructure or equivalent combination of education and experience required. To include experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments and managing and monitoring Exchange Server 2003-2016, Windows Server 2003-2016 and MSCE Server infrastructure.
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid cloud based application knowledge preferably Azure
- Solid virtualization and containerization knowledge (e.g., Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Terminal Services)
- Solid knowledge of VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, Palo Alto, OpenVPN, IPSec)
- Solid knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and/or other security related technologies
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Thank you for considering Star Seven Six, Ltd. for your next career opportunity.
S76 provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. Our culture supports continued growth through sponsorship of events, trainings, certifications and other online or structured learning opportunities. We’ll help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical, 401k, etc.
Star Seven Six, Ltd. | Strategically Led Technology Solutions
S76 is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.