ERP Implementation Professionals Wanted!
Star Seven Six is a company dedicated to innovation, Star talent, and revolutionizing business and technology solutions. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s Application Development, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive Design, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety of industries.
Can you Answer these Questions:
How do you build a bill of materials?
How do you build a multi-layer bill of materials?
What types of overhead do you apply to a manufacturing process?
How do you apply overhead to a manufacturing process?
How do you determine the process for multi-line products?
Summary: To roll-out ERP system at plants in the US and Canada by providing on-site user training, conducting system simulation, helping with data migration & user documentation and assist with go-live & post go-live on-site support for the duration of the ERP roll-out project.To roll-out ERP system at plants in the US and Canada by providing on-site user training, conducting system simulation, helping with data migration & user documentation and assist with go-live & post go-live on-site support for the duration of the ERP roll-out project.
The company is strategically positioned with 250+ operating locations in 40+ countries to serve global as well as regional customers. Manufactures and supplies recycled and converted paperboard products. The Company recycles various grades of paper, paperboard, and pulp products, as well as offers bulk, salvage, stock lot, and non-fiber products. Global leader in industrial packaging products and services who produces plastic, steel, and fiber drums, intermediate bulk flexible products, containerboard, containers, reconditioned containers, uncoated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products, and coated recycled paperboard. The company also provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries as well as manufactures packaging accessories.
- 100% Travel is Required – please don’t apply if you can’t do 100% travel (M-F)
- We are looking for: Plant Managers or Shop Floor Managers or Schedulers or Buyers or ERP Software Trainers
- We provide comprehensive corporate benefits: PTO, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance, etc.
- Our Client: Global Leader Industrial Packaging Industry
- Ideal Candidate: 5+ years ERP software experience with extensive "hands-on" manufacturing domain experience (packaging, supply chain, casting and molding, machining, joining, and shearing and forming, fabrication, processing, or preparation of products)
Position Overview: There are 4 to 5 open roles for ERP Trainers/Roll Out resource implementation.
Major acquisition and ERP integration is currently underway. Baan ERP “transition” to Infor LN ERP.
You will need to go to each plant and help them transition to new ERP system (Infor LN).
You will travel to the plants and train the workers on how to use the new system.
You will need to have strong customer service / training skills.
It is required that you have manufacturing experience so you can understand some of the business functions you will be supporting.
- 5+ years experience in Manufacturing and/or related industry is required
- Experience as a Plant Manager or Shop Floor Manager or Scheduler or Buyer or Trainer is a plus
- Prior Baan ERP experience as “power user” or end user or IT support analyst is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and easy to work with
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively with peers and management
- Self motivated and directed
- Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge to other team members
- Have proven track record of project dedication and follow through
- Consistently exhibits a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Provide on-site ERP training to plant users
- Assist with ERP master and transactional data migration
- Participate in system simulation to ensure software is working per plant/users’ requirements
- Coordinate and follow-up with IT, Engineering, GSSC, Central Processing resources to ensure implementation tasks / touch points are completed in a timely manner
- Create and update end users’ ERP training documentation
- Investigate and respond to user help requests, questions and problems
- Identify and test possible solutions to business issues
- Identify business process/situations that could be improved with ERP solutions
- Participate in testing software modifications/upgrades to ensure software is working per requirements
- May be required to play a role of “site lead” to manage a small group of implementers at the site
- Provide weekly executive status reports to the Project Steering Committee with regards to accomplishments, watch list items and any management alerts requiring steering committee attention
- Required to travel up to 100% in the US and Canada
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we know of the Job:
- Project to run through the end of 2021
- Selected candidate will need to commit to 100% travel. The candidate will need to have access to major airport to make travel manageable.
- Teams of 2 will go to each manufacturing. Each team will have one person will serve as the more senior person. A team will go to their assigned location for three months (one month of training, one month of implementation support, and one month of on-going support). The person identified as more senior will leave the location two weeks prior to the conclusion of the project to start the next training at the next location which the other person finishes up.
- ERP platform is Infor LN. The project is converting multiple facilities to Infor LN. The candidate will work with all aspects of the manufacturing plant to train them on doing the job on the new Infor LN platform.
- There will be some data clean up tasks during each implementation. So, experience with manufacturing data clean-up, mapping data from old system to new system will be good to have.
- Previous manufacturing experience particularly with interactions with floor level end users and back office workers
- The focus of this role is not on an IT resource. If the candidate has functioned as a “super-user” previously, that would be very helpful. Candidate needs to be knowledge of ERP systems; knowledge with Infor LN (used to be called Baan) would be a major bonus.
- Panel of 3-5 interviewers – interview is via WebEx – candidate will need to have a computer/laptop with a camera.
- The interview team will spend the half of the interview focused on manufacturing and half the interview focused on soft skills and ERP knowledge. One person described being a SME with manufacturing experience and used his experience to develop his training materials. Learned to tailor his communication style to the audience over the years due to the high number of different industries in which he has provided training. They seemed to like this answer.
- Other questions are focused on handling difficult users and difficult training environments.
- Some specific manufacturing questions are often asked, such as:
- How do you build a bill of materials?
- How do you build a multi-layer bill of materials?
- What types of overhead do you apply to a manufacturing process?
- How do you apply overhead to a manufacturing process?
- How do you determine the process for multi-line products?
- Other traits include strong communication skills, some organizational change management.
- Must have a valid passport and available for travel to Canada.
- Must live close to a major airport (not someplace remote due to the amount of travel required).
- Discrete manufacturing facility. They do batch production runs to make the tubing for things like paper towels.
- Candidates need to be able to talk about manufacturing experience .. specifically experiences on the production floor and in the back office.
- The candidate will get several situational questions … tell me about your ERP experience. Tell me about a time when training went well. Tell me about a time when training went poorly.
- Candidate needs to emphasize self-motivated, strong work ethic.
Thank you for considering Star Seven Six, Ltd. for your next career opportunity.
S76 provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. Our culture supports continued growth through sponsorship of events, trainings, certifications and other online or structured learning opportunities. We’ll help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, optical, 401k, etc.
Star Seven Six, Ltd. | Strategically Led Technology Solutions
S76 is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.